This article describes how to manage the interaction between Product Types, Views, Attribute Groups and Attributes in order to showcase appropriate Product Data to the appropriate audience on the Product Details page.
The display of Product data on the Product details page is determined as follows:
1. Attributes marked "Core" will always be shown in the "General" section.
2. Product Type setting defines the Attributes shown on the Product Details page.
3. Organization of the available attributes is set by Attribute Groups
- Any Attributes shown based on Product Type selection but not assigned to an Attribute Group will appear in the default "Other Attribute" group listed last on the page.
4. Product Views will determine which Attribute Groups are shown within the Product Details section. Product Views will still respect the Product Type for in determining which Attributes are visible.