This article will describe the editing capabilities while creating a Project within Marketing Templates.
- Creating a Project
- Project Editing Basics
- Text Tools
- Image Tools
- Shapes and Icons
Please note that some editing capabilities may be restricted or limited for elements within a template as assigned by the Template creator. For example, brand-specific font or visual elements may be locked, but the ability to add venue or event information may be allowed by adding bullet points or a subheader.
Creating a Project
To create a project navigate to the Templates section of the Marketing Templates menu and select the desired template to work from. From there, you can name the new project and move into the editing view.
Project Editing Basics
1. Editing Menu: This area allows you to change the project name and make basic edits to the text and background, as well as add images or shapes. Some functionality may be restricted within a template as designed by the admin.
2. Project View: You can adjust the size and orientation of elements manually as allowed within this area
3. Project Page View: Clicking the menu shows you all pages for the project and may come with the ability to add additional pages for further vendor or venue details or other purposes.
4. Top Right Menu allows you to do the following:
a. Save to Library: Create a file copy and assign to a folder within the library.
b. Export: Allows you to download, export to email, or post your project.
c. Save Project: Allows you to save changes and current progress of your project.
Upon clicking the Text button once within your project you will see the following menu. The Text Menu allow you to add text to your project.
Once you have selected a text box type, the text box becomes an element in the project view.
This element can be edited from within the menu and to an simpler degree from within the Project View.
1. Text Menu Elements that can be adjusted:
- Font Color
- Font Border settings
- Font Type and Size
- Letter Spacing
- Line Spacing
- Drop Shadow Settings
- Curve Settings
2. Project View Text Element Tool Bar:
- Drop Shadow
The Image icon in the Editing menu allows several options to incorporate library assets, files from your device, and various other options.
Once uploaded and added to your Project View, further editing abilities exist in both the menu and once the element is highlighted in the project view:
1. Image Menu Elements that can be edited:
- Color Overlay
2. Project View Image Element Tool Bar:
- Flip Horizontal
- Flip Vertical
The background tab allows you to choose the exact color of your background, upload an image as a background, and configure the size of the project to fit the appropriate medium for the post, such as a Pinterest pin or Facebook post.
Adding an Image as a background allows you to scale the picture and orient it as desired. You also have the option to reposition, resize, and adjust filter settings for the image.
Shapes and Icons
This button allows you to add common shapes, icons, and lines to your project. Selecting the Iconfinder also allows you to incorporate popular media icons such as Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest as well.
Once added and selected, further editing can be done on the icon in both the menu and Project View area.
1. Icon Edits in the Menu:
2. Icon edits in Project View:
- Flip Horizontal
- Flip Vertical
Exporting a Project and Saving to the Library
Article is closed for comments.