- You may start with an Excel document, or use Mac Numbers.
- Make columns to match your asset fields; e.g. Filename, Description, Keywords, Date. They must be typed out exactly as in the fields on your portal. Please see the image details below.
- In the spreadsheet rows fill in the information you would like to import with the corresponding file name.
You may download an editable preformatted UTF-8 CSV here, or to produce the necessary UTF-8 encoded CSV file for import follow these steps:
In MS Excel
1. Open the *.xlsx file from MS Excel
2. Click Menu > Save As
3. Put any name for the file and choose "Unicode Text (*.txt)" for "Save as type :" and Click Save
4. Open the unicode text file using Microsoft Notepad. Some characters might appear as a box, this is because Notepad cannot display some unicode characters, so you can ignore this at this point.
5. It must be the tab delimited file. Replace tabs with comma(",").
- Select the tab character by dragging the character between two column headers and press ctrl+c
- Replace all tab characters with comma using Replace function (ctrl+H)
6. In notepad, Click Save As
7. Enter a file name and change Encoding: to "UTF-8"
8. Click Save.
Now, In Windows File Explorer
9. Change the file extension from "*.txt" to "*.csv". i.e. Rename the file from "filename".txt to "filename".csv. The file icon should be changed to MS Excel now. If it is not changed, check Windows Folder options. (Windows Start menu > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"). This will show the file extensions. Try changing the file extension again.
10. Now the file is ready to be used to import in Image Relay. You can use the file you just renamed to "filename.csv" to import data into Image Relay.
Or, if using Mac NumbersIf using Mac Numbers to create your spreadsheet you may simply click File > Export and choose CSV > UTF-8 as the format.
Once you have created your CSV you can upload it using the Import Keywords tool on the folder drop down menu.