Permissions allow you control over what powers users have, and which folders they can access while in your library.
Some things you can do with permissions:
- Set the download privileges for each folder. Please note that all folders default to a High Resolution download.
- Restrict access to folders.
- Give a user unique Admin capabilities. Allow them to upload, edit, and delete files, but do not allow them to view accounts, edit folders, access tracking or even update/move files around.
To create a new permission:
- Go to Admin on the top bar.
- Click on Users & Permissions.
- You will see Create New Permission at the bottom of the list to the left.
- Give the Permission Title a name that describes the role, e.g. Admin Upload Only, Basic Downloader, Basic Intern View Only. Make the titles descriptive of the power, type (Admin or Basic) and even visibility (Products, Logos) so they can be easily understood in future.
- Choose Basic or Admin for the permission level. You can also choose Limited Admin if you are on the Professional or Enterprise plan.
- Customize the access of the permission further by adding or removing the advanced options of the permission level.
- Click Save
- You will now be prompted to choose which folders in the library this permission role has access to.
In the example below, Basic permission group below only has access to the Logos folder. So when users in that group login, they will only see Logos.
In the example below, the Photography and Branding Admin has Admin access to the Photograph and Branding folders but doesn't see any of the other folders when they login.