You can use an embed link to display photos and other assets directly on your website using a URL provided by Image Relay. This way the image lives in one location, on Image Relay, and not on the website or within your content management system additionally. If you want to update or change an image, you only need to do it one place by adding an updated version; the URL remains the same.
Creating an Embed Link
- Locate the file you want to embed.
- Click on the Share icon on the thumbnail.
- Go to the Embed tab of the share modal. There you will get options on converting the image file.
- Copy the link into your web content management system and it will display on your website.
You can also:
- Set an optional expiration date for the link
- Edit the image format or dimension
- Customize the URL to make an SEO friendly link
These options allow you to customize the file as well as the URL you are about to create.
To create a direct download, where the asset doesn't appear in the browser but goes straight to download, repeat the previous steps, but make sure the Direct Download button is set to on.
Creating Multiple Embed Links
In some circumstances you may need to create a large number of embed links that you can copy and paste to your website or CMS. In this case, Image Relay will provide a CSV spreadsheet to download.
- Select the assets you would like to create links for, either by checking them individually or by selecting a whole folder.
- If you have selected a folder, click the "Share" button on the folder thumbnail. If you have selected a number of individual assets. click "Share" in the black drop down bar.
- Choose the Embed link on the sharing module.
- You will see the option to create a CSV sheet. This will be emailed to you when it's done. The CSV will provide folder path, file name, and the embed links.