Our Refine tool provides a number of useful criteria for narrowing your universe of files into smaller, easier-to-use selections. You can use the refine tool without entering a search term first. Just start choosing options and relevant files will be returned. This is opposed to our advanced search tool, where you must choose a search term first.
- File format - Do you need to find web-ready photos for a new website launch? Image Relay works with any file format and you can quickly filter by file type - images, documents, videos - it doesn’t matter, you’ll get the ones you need fast.
- Limit Templates and Metadata - With this feature you can limit your metadata template if you have more that one. Within this, you can also search within a specific metadata field. For example, if there is a creator field, you can type in a name and it will bring back results from that field specifically, not the the entire document or all metadata fields like the general search.
- Tags - How do you find photos of your new product? Of course you can keep all of those in a dedicated folder but you can also add tags to each photo. Relate them with Tags and bring them all together by refining by Tag.
- Create by Me - Only bring back results of files that you have uploaded.
- Dates - Want to see the newest files, or maybe you want to see files from last year’s holiday campaign? Quickly filter to find files uploaded in the last 24 hours, the last 7 days, the last month, or in any custom date range you choose.
- Orientation - Does your company have a bunch of logo types? Whether they’re horizontal, vertical, or stacked, you can quickly narrow your files down to find the right one.
- Color - You’re running a new campaign and need images that will match well with a green border, how do you find images with the right color balance? Image Relay automatically identifies the predominant color of each file, making it easy for your team to filter and find the right file.
You can refine the entire Library or a specific folder that you need. You can also whittle down search results with the refinement tools.